Eyebrow Bar Information
We stock a huge collection of eyebrow bars in a range of different materials and styles. You’ll find a number of different types of piercing can be used in the eyebrow, this includes barbells
, ball closure rings
and segment rings
The most common size of eyebrow piercing jewellery is 1.2mm (16 gauge), with an 8mm bar for barbells or if an eyebrow ring then a diameter of 8mm or 10mm.
Styles of Eyebrow Bars
As mentioned above you can use a number of different types of piercing for your eyebrow. Below is a quick summary of each below along with the key features for each piercing.
Straight & Curved Barbells
- probably the most common type of eyebrow piercings bars available. Which type you go for is really down to personal preference. The curved barbell tends to be a little more popular.
Eyebrow Ball Closure Rings
- another great option for an eyebrow piercing if you’re looking for a ring style rather than a bar. These are slightly more tricky to secure in the piercing but aside from that it’s really down to taste.
Eyebrow Segment Rings
- similar to the ball closure rings but these just offer a continuous ring without the ball. No real advantage or disadvantage just a matter of style.
Eyebrow Jewellery Materials
Eyebrow bars are available in a variety of different materials from basic acrylic to solid gold! However, the vast majority will be made of either Surgical Steel, Titanium or PTFE.
Surgical Steel Eyebrow Bars
- a highly popular choice as surgical steel offers a good quality piercing at very reasonable prices. Available in countless styles and will be very long lasting as surgical steel is very resistant to corrosion.
Titanium Eyebrow Bars
- titanium eyebrow jewellery is another great option, lightweight and very resistant to everyday wear. Will generally be a little more expensive than surgical steel but may be a better option if your skin is sensitive to piercings.
PTFE Eyebrow Bars
(Polytetrafluoroethylene) - this is a soft and flexible material which is great for new piercings as it reduces the stress on the pierced area, helping to keep the healing time to a minimum. PTFE eyebrow piercing jewellery is generally great value (under £5!) and long lasting.
Still got questions?
If you’re still unsure of anything, whether it’s sizing or something more general please feel free to contact us
. In addition to eyebrow piercings we also stock a massive range of other piercings including nose studs & rings
, cartilage piercings
and tongue bars